[linux-dvb] Newer DVB-s card's from TechniSat/TechnoTrend versus Siemens/Hauppauge

Dr. Werner Fink writes:
 >      AFAIK the older DVB-s cards of TechniSat, TechnoTrend, Siemens,
 > Hauppauge are identical in design and layout

Correct.

 > (not in firmeware?).

The firmware is independent of the hardware.
It is loaded into DRAM during the card initialization.

 > Now after searching through www.technisat.de and www.technotrend.de
 > in comparison to www.hauppauge.de and www.fujitsu-siemens.com I
 > found some different informations about their DVB card's.
 > This seems to be also true on other sides, e.g. www.dvb-online.de
 > I found:
 >
 >   http://213.198.24.41/dvbonline/pc-hardware/hauppauge.htm
 >   http://213.198.24.41/dvbonline/pc-hardware/technotrend.htm
 >   http://213.198.24.41/dvbonline/pc-hardware/siemens.htm
 >
 > The question now is: Are newer DVB-s card's from TechniSat/TechnoTrend
 > different from those of Siemens/Hauppauge?  That means do former have
 > a jumper J2 for getting out e.g. S/PDIF, RGB, S-Video?

On the pictures of the new card design sold by Hauppauge I saw there
was no jumper J2 but it is reported to have an adapter cable with
S/PDIF. I guess RGB and S-Video are not possible with this card?

So far I only heard that Hauppauge sells the new card version but
if this new design is also from TechnoTrend I would guess all the
other vendors will also start selling the new version at some time.

Ralph