[linux-dvb] TT-DVB-C Budget PCI - tuner dosn't work

rmdvb@bj-ig.de writes:
 > Because it was a bargain I bought a TechnoTrend DBV-C Budget PCI card

I did not even know they have a budget cable card.

 > last week. Nice card. Indeed - I didn't want to olny use it with Windows.
 > So I checked out the CVS version of the DVB drivers (date: 05/23/01),
 > noticed the Budget card is only supported wth satellite tuner and tried
 > to integrate the cabel tuner. Current state: drivers are loaded flawlessly,
 > qam-device is accessible, QAMTune (this means the little test from
 > ./apps/test/test_front.c - slightly modified for cable) takes frequency/
 > symbolrate/... data - but QAMGetEvent only gives back FE_FAILURE_EV.
 > When you bring ./libdvb/ptest to scan all channels (remove comment
 > in front of dvb.scan_all_tps() ) you only get one timeout after the other.
 > My very hope now is that one of you got an idea what went wrong.
 >
 > > Diff der Treiberanpassungen:
 > Diff of driver changes:

Thanks for the patches. I'll see if I can find anything else which
might need adjustments.
While the demodulator seems to be the same as in the normal card the
tuner might be a different on. The tuner type cannot be detected,
it is set by the DVB driver to the only one it knows for DVB-C.
Which chips are inside the tuner box? (But opening the box might
void your warranty!)

Ralph