[linux-dvb] Some problems getting the driver to go

Hi

This may be the wrong place for asking this questions, so if this is the
case, I apologize.

I am using RH71, with the delivered kernel version (2.4.2). V4L in the kernel
has been turned of, I2C is not compiled in the kernel. As DVB-S board I am
using the Hauppauge WinTV DVB-S.
I went with driver version 0.9 at first (the last one), but this was not very
satisfying, so I tried version 0.8.2. As a result, everything could be
compiled, and the modules load just fine, but when I start the gVideo
application, the whole things demands there are no /dev/ost/xxxxxx files.
Everything is where it is supposed too be, and I still got no clue. I wrote a
test program myself for checking if I would be able to open the device file,
but I also got nothing. Root was also not able to provide access.

So, here is my question: What else can I do, and is there something not
mentionend in README or INSTALL that is necessary?

Thanx in advance, Roland