[linux-dvb] Any success on RH >÷ ?

Hi everybody.

By now I have tried nearly everything. The modules start up just fine, if you use videodevX instead of videdev, which means v4l2 instead of v4l. Despite the fact that I did not find this information anywhere, this was kind of interesting. If using v4l the function "video_register_device" expects 3 arguments instead of 2 which he gets by the driver. By now I got pretty far in the v4l2 api. Its no help, but I am learning ;-)

Okay, the driver comes up, the devices are there, the rights are set rw-rw-rw, and everything is the way it should be. gVideo and tucxzap build just fine, but after running the apps, they complain about a missing device. Now I understand Linux quite well (5 years experience), and in my opinion the reason therefore may be, that the device is not there. In this case the DVB-S board. Under Windows everything is working just fine.

But because everybody else seems to have a working driver, I think the problem is somewhere in the system. So here comes my question: Is there anyone who has a working driver and application on RedHat 7.1? If so, could you tell me, what you are using, and how you setted up your system.

CU Roland