[linux-dvb] Is it possible to move the picture area up in cinemascope?

I wonder if it is possible to move the picture up a bit if transmitted
in wide screen format, so it creates extra space below the picture on
a normal size / ratio TV?

 ----------------
|                |
|----------------|
|    picture     |
|     area       |          Current situation
|                |
|----------------|
|  subtitle      |
 ---------------

 ----------------
|----------------|
|    picture     |
|     area       |         What I would like to do
|                |
|----------------|
|  subtitle      |
| more lines (2) |

I have been looking in the driver source for some start-point (vertical),
but cannot find any parameter related to the vertical start of the picture
info.
Maybe it can be done in the PAL coder? I am only using the PAL output,
to record to VHS with the subtitles added.
Is it possible to do this?
Regards
Jan