[linux-dvb] aston 1.03 > 1.05

> > Nice thing... As my brother works with satellite antennas, could you
> > help me in defining which should be the best one for this use?
>
> Aston 1.03 is certainly the best, but as I wrote it crashes sometimes,
> too. To improve the situation you should avoid any heavy zapping,
> especially between non-encrypted and encrypted channels (turn off EIT
> scanner in VDR). Group your channel list so that all the encrypted
> channels and non-encrypted channels are in a sequence each.
> Please notice that this is no first hand experience as I don't have such
> a CAM. But all this was mentioned by many users in a lot of satellite
> boards.

sorry to correct you: but 1.03 is NOT the best. there are some newer
versions: 1.05 and 1.06. there doesn.t seem to be much a difference
between them. but they both are more stable.
and of course as a workaround your tips are a good (and the only)
way to avoid to many crashes. that.s why i.d love to have a CAM RESET
option. i hope this will be available sometime. :)

servus hannes!

Johannes Schoeller
<schoeller@gmx.at>
<icq 2802639>