[linux-dvb] Re: RCU for VDR

On Sat, 19 May 2001 01:37:44 +0200, Andreas Share wrote:

>because my Mainboard haven t a IR-Header i must use a seriel connection for the VDR RCU.
>
>Because i could not program in C i need some help to rewrite the two funktion in rcu.c to match an serial connection.

There ist a simple other solution:
Just get a 'PCTV Remote Control' from Pinnacle. It contains a IR Remote Control and an IR-Receiver with a serial Interface.
This combination works with LIRC and sells for about DM 39 for exemple at MediaMarkt.

So you just have to get the LIRC-packet (there is a sample-configuration for Pinnacle in there) and
compile VDR with the parameter REMOTE=LIRC.

Works great here.

Gruesse aus Oberhausen
	Thomas Brendel