[linux-dvb] Test applications

The test program test_pes should deliver two PES files
one for video and one for audio data.
The generated files could be played back by using
test_video or test_av.
I am sure it worked for me some time ago, but now
when i try to record (n-tv) via test_pes the generated
files can not be played back. The screen shows about
5 cm moving picture at the top, and a blurry stillimage
on the rest. It works with some video.pes files recorded
earlier and with the files recorded via VDR (of course only
video).
The drivers I use are the one from the cvs repository of today
and one i checked out 1.5 months ago.
Please can someone try the above procedure and tell me if it
works.
Any other ideas? Hardware(sat)?

Ciao, Guenter