[linux-dvb] Re: software decoding of crypted channels ?

<snip>
> Sometimes I doubt that the industry is even interested in a secure
> platform. One the one hand, companies make big money selling insecure
> encryption platforms (based on patents and trade secrets) and on the
> other side crackers make money by selling cracked smart cards.

Thanks for that statement - i completly agree.
For my experience security is still to much hiding instead of encryption.

Especially as reasonable secure and patent-free encryption does already
exist...

Have their market experts found out that pirate watching is even good for
their business?