[linux-dvb] Re: Cant_locate_module_char-major-250

On Wed, 3 Oct 2001 13:10:34 +0200 (CEST), you wrote:

>> >vdr is even a big lump of software with countless accesses to devices in
>> >/dev/ost. What about simpler apps like ntuxzap, tuxzap or the "test"
 I was still not able to compile one of these without errors yet..(I
have installed the gtk-devel rpm package!) there was an error with cdk
>> >programs from the driver package? Do they cause comparable lamentations?

>As far as I saw it, Mr. Sandmann disregarded the autogen.sh script in his
>instructions. So substitute the "./configure" call by "./autogen.sh",
>while you are at DVB/apps/tuxzap. Make sure the gtk-devel rpm package is
>installed on your system before running autogen.sh.
I have done this all
>test_front.c is a proper candidate of those test programs in
>DVB/apps/test. Use
>
>    gcc -I../../ost/include -o test_front test_front.c
I have done this, but nothing happened
>to compile it. When called it should display some infos about the current
>frontend state - without any errors. (You can do these steps as normal
>user.)
>Another one is test_dvr.c:
>
>    gcc -I../../ost/include -o test_dvr test_dvr.c
there was nothing too
>Start it and press <Ctrl-C> after some time. It should have generated a
>big file called "qq" in the current directory - without any errors.
no file here :-(
>But first of all, to get a better overview I recommend not to use the
>"runvdr" script. It produces too much actions in view of your problems.
>Just execute the basic steps (as root):
>    cd DVB/driver
>    make insmod
>- Can you now hear the sound of TV station "n-tv"?
>- If you connect a TV set to the card, is the TV image of "n-tv" visible?
yes I hear the sound and see n-tv
>If you had all those many error messages just before, return to a clear
>state before trying the above: call "make rmmod" or, if that doesn't work,
>remove all DVB driver modules individually with rmmod - or... do a reboot.
I can start it with make insmod and see n-tv
>If this is working so far continue with simple applications like those
>test programs, tuxview, tuxzap,...
this test programs are not available because the error in cdk

>Bye,
>     Rolf
TIA
CIAO