[linux-dvb] Fujitsu-Siemens: Activity 300 out(?), but ... !

Hi,

I am not sure about what happened to the Activity 300.
(I have not heard anything of it lately.)

But: I found out, that Vobis offers a "Multitainer" from Fujitsu-Siemens,
what is just a PC in a nice HiFi like chassis for DM 999.
(I hope this posting will not be called spam now.)
It looks really nice! (the activity really did *not* ;-)

I went to Vobis and the salesperson gave me a look inside:
There are 2 PCI slots, one blocked by just a modem. So it should
be usable with 2 DVB cards (for timeshifting). There is even
some space left above the HD, so a change to a bigger one could even
be accompanied by a HD top fan, if it may get necessary.

Questions open are:
- can the PC boot from a CD (for installing linux)
 (e.g. are the BIOS settings editable)
- Will the chipset be recognised by linux
- Is there linux support for the build in display
- ...?

If anyone knows more about this Multitainer, please share.

cu,
  Thomas