[linux-dvb] Re: Fujitsu-Siemens: Activity 300 out(?), but ... !

Thomas.Schuett@icn.siemens.de(Schuett Thomas)  11.10.01 19:32

>I am not sure about what happened to the Activity 300.

Name is "activy 300" ;-)
That gives much more googles ;-)

>But: I found out, that Vobis offers a "Multitainer" from
>Fujitsu-Siemens, what is just a PC in a nice HiFi like chassis for DM
>999. (I hope this posting will not be called spam now.)
>It looks really nice! (the activity really did *not* ;-)

>I went to Vobis and the salesperson gave me a look inside:
>There are 2 PCI slots, one blocked by just a modem. So it should
>be usable with 2 DVB cards (for timeshifting). There is even
>some space left above the HD, so a change to a bigger one could even
>be accompanied by a HD top fan, if it may get necessary.

>Questions open are:
>- can the PC boot from a CD (for installing linux)
> (e.g. are the BIOS settings editable)

Seens to be a nomal PC board.
Maybe boot from is posible as it makes sense fpr
a mirco ATX board?

>- Will the chipset be recognised by linux
>- Is there linux support for the build in display
>- ...?

>If anyone knows more about this Multitainer, please share.

http://www.fujitsu-siemens.com/rl/products/broadband/entertainmentstation/multitainer/multitainer.html

Technical specification
Microprocessor Intel

Celeron processor
Mediaprocessor MM99C288A
Main memory 64 MB, 128 MB optional
DIMM slot 1 SDRAM (PC 100) 2 DIMM sockets

Interfaces and connectors
1 x monitor (15-pin, VGA)
1 x RCA in stereo (front side)
1 x RCA out stereo
1 x SVHS video out
1 x parallel (printer port)
1 x serial port
1 x composite video
2 x USB (front side)
2 x micro mono (front side)
1 x gameport (front side)
1 x digital dts / AC-3 out
1 x RJ-45 (LAN 10/100)
1 x analog V.90 modem or digital ISDN (later)

Graphics processor Graphics with TV-out, flicker reduction
3D acceleration MM99C288A 3D graphics engine
Refresh rate TV 50 / 60 max
VGA output 640 x 480 max. 85 Hz 800 x 600 max. 85 Hz
TV output 640 x 480 Colors Hi-Color
MPEG decoder
On board hardware decoder
MPEG-1 Decoder 352x240, 30 f/s
MPEG-2 Decoder NTSC 720x480, 30 f/s
PAL 720x576, 25 f/s
Audio AD 1819 AC'97 based 16-bit stereo, DTS / DOLBY AC-3 SRS,
Channel 5.1 surround
Hard disk controller Ultra DMA 66 Hard disk drive Fast IDE
Formatted capacity 10 GB 40 or 60 GB optional
Disk compatibility DVD / VCD / Audio CD-ROM/Data CD-ROM / Data DVD
Modem Built in analog 56K V.90,
data / voice / fax modem with 14400 bps (200x200 dpi)
Telecom software Auto-detects incoming fax
messages, embedded screen view of incoming fax messages
with printing capability, auto-detects incoming voice
messages, remote access voice messages, video mail
transfer capability
WWW browser Easy use with friendly graphical
user interface (GUI), Microsoft
Internet Explorer
E-mail POP3 / SMPT
LAN on board 10/100 Mbps Fast Ethernet
Electrical values
Rated voltage 100/220 V (+-10%)
Frequency 50/60 Hz
Max. power drain of power supply 100 W
Typ. power draw of system unit in
standard configuration
< 36 W (standby)
< 5 W (suspend mode)
Stand by mode Switch in stand by / wake up when power key pressed
Available for fax and answering machine
Temperature / dimensions / weight
Ambient temperature 15C to 32C (IEC 721)
Dimensions (W x D x H) 426 x 386 x 115 mm
Weight approx. 8 kg (dep. on config.)
Compliance with standards
Product safety IEC60950/EN60950,
Electromagnetic EN 55022/B, EN 50082-1 compatibility
CE certification to EU Directives EMC 89/336/EEC and
Product safety 73/23/EEC
Environmental compatibility EPA-compliant
Operating systems / software
Windows 98 SE preinstalled
Word / Works preinstalled

                  ACTIVY 300
(System board info:
http://www.fujitsu-siemens.no/new/rl/products/broadband/mediacenter/activy/activy300.html#)

http://www.fujitsu-siemens.com/rl/products/broadband/mediacenter/activy/activy300.html

from
http://www.fujitsu-siemens.com/rl/products/broadband/mediacenter/activy/activy300.html#

Micro-ATX system board with
Microprocessor Intel
Celeron a 300 MHz or 733 MHz,
Higher speed Intel Celeron orPentium a III on request
Processor socket FC PGA 370
Chipset Intel 810
Systemboard D1231
Main memory (MB) max. 256
DIMM slot 1 SDRAM (PC100)
Flash EPROM BIOS-Update via SW

Interfaces
1 x monitor (15-pin, VGA)
1 x micro (mono)
2 x RGA out (stereo)
2 x Universal Serial Bus (USB)
1 x S/PDIF out
1 x RJ-45 (LAN)
1 x SCART-in and 1x SCART-out (Europe version)
1 x SVHS video out (intl.)
1 x composite video
1 x RF modulator (optional)
1 x remote IR receiver in
1 x remote IR transmitter out

Graphics processor Graphics with TV-out, flicker reduction -
Tvia 5000 series, True Color, 75 Hz
Refresh rate 50 / 60 max. 75 Hz Colors TrueColor
MPEG 2 Onboard Sigma Designs HW Decoder
Audio AC'97 based 16-bit stereo and S/PDIF (AC-3/MPEG2 audio) output
Hard disk controller Fast IDE / Ultra DMA 66
2x busmaster capability for 2 drives
CompactFlash connector on board (optional)
Hard disk drive Ultra DMA 66 Formatted capacity (GB) 20.0 / 40.0
Access time (ms):10
Noise reduction optional
Drive bays 1 x 5.25-inch DVD drive 16-speed (optional)
Slots 1 x PCI (3/4 length) 1 x PCI (short)
without accessible backpanel 1 x internal, PCI compatible
LAN on board 10/100 Mbps Fast Ethernet
Chipcard reader Standard ISO7816
Compliance PC/SC, HBCI Type 1
Electrical values
Rated voltage (V) 100 - 125 / 200 - 240
Frequency (Hz) 50 - 60
Max. power drain of power supply (W) 80
Typ. power draw of system unit in
standard configuration (W)
< 30 (standby/EPA-compliant)
< 5 (suspend mode)
Temperature / noise /dimensions / weight
Ambient temperature 15C to 35C (IEC 721)
Sound pressure level (ISO 9296)
LpAm in dB < 23 (idle mode) < 25 (operating mode)
Dimensions (H x W x D) 110 x 430 x 360 mm
Weight (kg) approx. 8 (dep. on config.)
Compliance with standards
Product safety IEC60950/EN60950/VDE0805,
Nordic approvals, UL/CSA approvals
Electromagnetic EN 55022/B, EN 50082-1
compatibility FCC class B
CE certification to EU Directives EMC 89/336/EEC and
Product safety 73/23/EEC
Environmental compatibility EPA-compliant
Operating systems / software
Windows 98 SE preinstalled
MHP and Embedded XP planned