[linux-dvb] Fujitsu-Siemens: Activity 300 out(?), but ... !

Hi,

i just received my Activy 300 box. First of all i think its really cool
looking and very silent. But i am actually not yet able to install linux.
The Unit can be ordered with a small remote, a big remote with integrated
minikeyboard or an infared keyboard. I unfortunatly ordered mine with the
small remote. Therefore i can't access the Bios. There are no PS/2
connectors and a USB keyboard wont help, because it has to be activated in
the BIOS first :-) (the chicken-egg Problem so to say, so i ordered the
infrared keyboard now). The Infrared receiver is not Lirc kompatible but the
receiver sends regular and exteded keycodes to the keyboardcontroller.
Therefore you can compile VDR with keyboardcontrol after mapping the
extended keycodes to some keys.

But i also read in the BIOS file info that it is not possible to boot from
normal CD's. Where do i get the Utility to get the needed extra headers on a
boot CD? Or any other detailed Information about the used D1231 motherboard?
There is no info @ www.fujitsu-siemens.com

The LCD is unfortunatly not LCDproc kompatible. In the preinstalled Windows
Software it just always shows "loading....." :-). I will have to get the LCD
out of the case in order to get the Type and Make....

The Intel810 graphics are not in use. There is another TVIA Cyberpro 5000
GFX Chip on-board wich is used. It is connected to 2 SCART connectors.
Furthermore there is an SigmaDesigns 8400 Mpeg decoder Chip on-board as was
written on this list earlier.

regards
Mirko