[linux-dvb] WinTV nova problem?

Rainer Zocholl writes:
 > Are here other user of "budget" cards like "WinTV nova 541"?
 >
 > If they have time would someone be so kind and
 > do a
 >
 > grep "ERROR: can't record MPEG1!" /var/log/messages /var/log/syslog
 > grep "ERROR: skipped" /var/log/messages /var/log/syslog
 > grep "ERROR: unknown picture type" /var/log/messages /var/log/syslog
 >
 > (Or whereever your syslog.conf logs, maybe
 > zcat /var/log/*.gz | grep ERROR
 > to get some older/longer time infos )

Sorry, but all these messages are not from the DVB driver.
Which application is producing them and under which circumstances???

 > Maybe there is is still a tiny problem with this type card?
 > I have tested two, both are not working flawlessly in Intel 815
 > (had only Intels avail) (Artefacts. Sound probs. no tune from "H" to "V" etc)
 > The "full" 1.5 and 2.1 records errors free(as far as
 > i can see and as long it is logged at all)

Do you have sample code which produces streams with artifacts and
sound problems?

H/V selection is identical in the NOVA and "full" cards (if they use
the same tuner).
Are you certain it is the H/V switching or could it be a DiSEqC
problem? (DiSEqC switching is done differently on NOVA cards).

Ralph