[linux-dvb] deep crash of the dvb-s card

hi all.

this weekend (saturday afternoon iirc) my vdr-box seems to hang (channel
switching works but no video/audio/epg) so i tried the usual things:
- restart vdr & drivers
- reseted cam (useless because fta doesnt work too)
- reboot & reset machine

nothing helped so i connected a keyboard and searched the logs. business
as usual (driver logs etc) but every time i switched channels "channel
not synced appears".
now i was a little bit confused and feared a hardware defect of the
card. hoped for some bug in the cabling and searched for my old analogue
receiver in the basement (took some time *g*) and finally got a picture
- so the dish works ...

a little bit angry and frustrated i turned off the machine to haul it
out of the furniture (lots of work here) - but couldnt believe the final
dead of my dvb-s and turned it on again to try once more - now
everything works as expected !!!

seems strange to me that the cards crash could last after a reset of the
pc. is there an explanation for this ?

wbr.tja...
thomas jagoditsch
email:tja@tja.org