[linux-dvb] NTSC Video diplays only even or odd lines.

Hi folks,

when replaying an NTSC video (DVD with region code 1) with xawtv,
tuxview or kwintv the displayed area is still that of PAL.
One half frame is shown at the top and the remaining 80 (or so)
lines display the second half frame. I do not use a tv set.
Apart from the coarse display because only every other line is shown,
there is sometimes the effect that the second half frame instead of
the first is shown on the upper part. And then the old half frame stays
visible on the even numbered lines, while the odd numbered lines
show the continuing video (or vice versa).
Does anybody experience the same effect and is there any solution to
this problem ? (E.g. the DVB API manual describes a ioctl for
VIDEO_SET_ATTRIBUTES but this is not present in any driver version).

I am using:
Pentium II 450 MHz
Hauppauge DVB-s Rev. 1.3
Kernel 2.4.4
DVB driver latest CVS (and also an earlier 0.9 version from July or so)
VDR 0.96 or dvdplayer-0.5

BTW: I have been following the discussions about the a/v sync problem
with the newer drivers (since september or so). I could not find a
solution for this yet. My workaround for the moment is, to record
with VDR and the new driver, and after 'mplex'ing (for block size 2048)
using an older 0.9 driver version and dvdplayer to view the
recordings. With the older driver there is no sync problem at all.

Another BTW ;-) the latest mplex version cannot always find the
correct video - audio offset, while the older version (July) does.

Any help would be appreciated,

Regards, Andreas.