[linux-dvb] Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: converting PVA - need help

Quoting "Rienecker, Fa. Evenio, ITS P, M" <C.Rienecker@deutschepost.de>:

> Hello,
> I cannot quite follow your problem: Why can't you just cat all the file
> of one recording into one large file and put that into PVAStrumento ?
>
> greeting,
> CR.

PVAStrumento has sometimes problems with the first group of pictures.
At least with my recordings. Cutting them away with PvaCut.exe helped in
my case.

Anyway, I once had a more serious problem. I used the simple 'split' command
to cut a PVA file into pieces. A 'cat' did not help because the file was larger
than 2 GB and neither can Linux write a file larger than this to VFAT nor can
wine let the applications access files larger than 2 GB (at least not on my
PC. To avoid flames: Of course, the large file access on Ext2 works fine
with me ;-).
Afterwards, I had to use 'hex -g' to find the first PVA packet header
(Starting with characters 'A','V') and used 'dd' to let the files start with
a header. Still, I had to cut the first group of pictures so that
PVAStrumento could handle the outcoming files.

Regards, Andreas.