[linux-dvb] AW: Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: converting PVA - need help

Hello Andreas,

thank you for your answers. I am not sure if I can follow the
instructions, but I will try. (Lets see, if at least PvaCut does *not* hang
when working through my "patchstreams" :-)

> ... and outputs only complete PVA packets.

So, around each cut&glue spot in my patchstreams, it will cut off
the waste from the unfinished PVA packet right before the spot
and behind the spot everything to the next PVA packet start ?
This would be good.

> My experience is, that cutting the first group
> of pictures at the beginning of the file

But this is, what the tools does by itself, right ?
Or do you mean, I must cut off everything to the first "AV" occurence
by myself ? If so, I have to admit, that some use modes of
streamcutter not only took pieces from the original stream
and I cat-ed them. Even more streamcutter added an "AV"
at the beginning of each piece, so there is a missleading
"AV" at each glueing spot. Might this irritate PvaCut ?
Should I carve out these extra "AV"s beforehead ?

> ... *sometimes* helps avoiding problems with PVAStrumento
What does this mean ?  :-o

Anyway, I wonder if you have discussed your solutions with the author
of PVAStrumento. It sounds like he really tries to make PVAStrumento
as error tolerant as possible, so maybe he would investigate.
(Especially now, that the problem seams to be during interpreting
the first few blocks.)

cu,
  Thomas