[linux-dvb] Re: Qpskfe and qamfe devices do not exist anymore ?

On Thu, 2001-10-25 at 13:52, Aurelian Pop wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am sorry if I ask something that was discussed before on the list,
> but I haven't found any reference to it.
> I downloaded the latest drivers in the cvs. I compiled them and
> installed them but I noticed that the qpskfe and qamfe devices are not
> created anymore...

yes, that's correct, you now only have to open /dev/ost/frontend and
issue a FE_GET_INFO ioctl which returns you a FrontendInfo struct where
you find the FrontendType of that device, so there is no need anymore to
probe to open all possible files...

André

--
André Draszik                              ad@convergence.de
convergence integrated media GmbH          GPG Key-ID 1024D/4AC6FF2A