[linux-dvb] Inserting a splitter in the DVB-Driver

Hello,

you probably know dvbstream. It broadcasts the ts packets from the dvb card
via rtp to the lan. But when you use dvbstream, the devices are locked and
no other software like vdr can be run.
My idea would be, to implement some kind of splitter, to include the rtp
broadcast implementation in the dvb driver. In my understanding, that
should be possible, but i don't really know the right "place" for this. Ok,
I just tried to understand the dvb driver for some hours, but perhaps
someone hast a quick hint for me??

That's the (1st) problem, and now, what i'd like to do:
1. Server: Broadcast the transport stream via rtp to the lan.
2. Client: Writing a client in java/jmf that could display the stream on
any lan-connected computer.
Jmf allows rtp and my first little client is able to playback a mpeg2-file
(ps). I think i have to implement a transformer for ts -> ps on the client
or server side as well.

My little project is in the early steps and i'd appreciate any hits/help.

Markus