[linux-dvb] Re: Galaxis DVB card installation problems

Hi!  ;-)

On Mon, 29 Oct 2001, FRE0000076763 wrote:
> /opt/download/DVB
> ?make?
>
> /usr/src/linux/scripts/pathdown.sh: TOPDIR: parameter null or not set
> ntuxzap.cc:37: syntax error before ?*?
> ntuxzap.cc:116: ?EObjectType? was not declared in this scope
> [...]

I think it's not advisable to call 'make' from the top directory of the
driver package. 'cd' to the various subdirectories and call 'make' there.

To compile tuxzap applications,
    cd apps/tuxzap
then call
    ./autogen.sh
then
    make
and finally
    make install

But read apps/tuxzap/README before. You must have the CDK library
installed to let the compilation of ntuxzap be successful. And - not
mentioned in that README file - you must also have installed GTK header
files and static libraries: most often contained in an rpm package called
'gtk-devel' as part of your distribution CDs.

> /opt/download/DVB/driver
> ?make? went fine
> ?make insmod? gave errors:
>
> /usr/src/linux/scripts/pathdown.sh: TOPDIR: parameter null or not set
> dvb_net.o: unresolved symbol alloc_skb_R0270e4f2
> dvb_net.o: unresolved symbol netif_rx_Rb85c5e94
> dvb_net.o: unresolved symbol skb_over_panic_Rc43a84cc

Did you select correct network settings when you executed 'make
[menu|x]config' to configure kernel compilation? I don't know in detail
which network settings are responsible to omit these missing symbols. But,
you may compare the network sections of your /usr/src/linux/.config file
with one of the "official" config files in /usr/src/linux/configs - and
check if you have identical or similar network settings.
(/usr/src/linux/.config contains the result of 'make [menu|x]config', so
to speak.)
Another test: "alloc_skb", "netif_rx" and "skb_over_panic" should be
listed in /usr/src/linux/System.map after kernel compilation.

> ?/opt/download/VDR make? gave errors:

Bye,
     Rolf