[linux-dvb] problem with IR receiver

Hi,

I'm trying to use the built-in IR receiver of my Rev. 2.1 Hauppauge DVB-s
card but it doesn't work. First of all, I don't even know if I connected the
IR receiver correctly: The Rev 2.1 has a 2,5 mm (?) jack which I can connect
the cable of the IR receiver to. My Common Interface board has got a
slightly bigger connector (3,5 mm?) but I got no IR receiver with it (it
that's the way it's supposed to be?) Where do I have to connect the IR
receiver to make it work with the latest CVS driver? Will it work with Rev.
2.1 cards at all?

On the software side, I unpacked lirc 0.6.4 under /usr/src and configured it
to use the Hauppauge driver. I manually loaded lirc_dev.o and lirc_i2c.o and
then compiled and insmod'ed lirc_dvb.o from the DVB driver source tree.
Everything loaded fine without any error messages. But when I run mode2 from
lirc, it says:

This program is only intended for receivers supporting the pulse/space
layer.
Note that this is no error, but this program simply makes no sense for your
receiver.

I've had no problems with lirc before but the IrDA receiver on my mainboard
seems to be broken (only works if I use the remote control within a distance
of 10-20 cm :-() so I would like to use the IR receiver on the DVB card.

Regards,
hh