[linux-dvb] Re: problem with IR receiver

Am Montag, 29. Oktober 2001 22:21 schrieben Sie:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to use the built-in IR receiver of my Rev. 2.1 Hauppauge DVB-s
> card but it doesn't work. First of all, I don't even know if I connected
> the IR receiver correctly: The Rev 2.1 has a 2,5 mm (?) jack which I can
> connect the cable of the IR receiver to. My Common Interface board has got
> a slightly bigger connector (3,5 mm?) but I got no IR receiver with it (it
> that's the way it's supposed to be?) Where do I have to connect the IR
> receiver to make it work with the latest CVS driver? Will it work with Rev.
> 2.1 cards at all?
yes it will work you need a 2,5 mm to 3,5 mm adapter to connect the ir
receiver to the common interface you can get if you write an email to
hauppauge they will send you one for free

> On the software side, I unpacked lirc 0.6.4 under /usr/src and configured
> it to use the Hauppauge driver. I manually loaded lirc_dev.o and lirc_i2c.o
> and then compiled and insmod'ed lirc_dvb.o from the DVB driver source tree.
> Everything loaded fine without any error messages. But when I run mode2
> from lirc, it says:
>
> This program is only intended for receivers supporting the pulse/space
> layer.
> Note that this is no error, but this program simply makes no sense for your
> receiver.
>
> I've had no problems with lirc before but the IrDA receiver on my mainboard
> seems to be broken (only works if I use the remote control within a
> distance of 10-20 cm :-() so I would like to use the IR receiver on the DVB
> card.
>
> Regards,
> hh

here is the mail from the hauppauge support