[linux-dvb] Re: old driver: 125 secs, new driver: 4 secs

> OK, we also had such problem with the Matrox drivers once (1 or 2
> years ago, we use an old Voodoo3 now). When the DVB driver registers
> the I2C bus of the SAA7146 the Matrox driver looks for their chips on
> the wrong I2C bus and hangs for a very long time when it does not find
> them. It is a problem in the Matrox driver.

I guess that's the problem. I just tried to load the Matrox driver both
before and after the DVB driver and each time, the second driver would
trigger the long waiting period.

I'll just wait for the new driver to replace the current one, since I know
it's fixed there...

Thanks,

Hanno

--