[linux-dvb] Re: old driver: 125 secs, new driver: 4 secs

On Tuesday 02 July 2002 13:59, Hanno Mueller wrote:
> > Hanno Mueller writes:
> >  > No, but I use the Matrox framebuffer, see the output of lsmod at the
> >  > beginning of my previous report.
> >
> > OK, we also had such problem with the Matrox drivers once (1 or 2
> > years ago, we use an old Voodoo3 now). When the DVB driver registers
> > the I2C bus of the SAA7146 the Matrox driver looks for their chips on
> > the wrong I2C bus and hangs for a very long time when it does not find
> > them. It is a problem in the Matrox driver.
>
> But the Matrox driver was already loaded _before_ the DVB driver and it
> loaded without any delay. The "hang" period occurs after that, when
>
> So in this case, I guess it is the DVB driver that has the problem? Or is
> this some interference between the two?

Do you have a TV-out cable on your Matrox? And is it a G400?

The pin assignment fot the TV-out cable, what Matrox describes in their
web-forum, may be correct for Matrox. But after using such an adapter I also
had the problem that loading the DVB drivers took very long. My solution was
to cut the connection between pin 15 and 12. After this it was working
without the delay.

Mike