[linux-dvb] Re: old driver: 125 secs, new driver: 4 secs

> Hanno Mueller writes:
>  > No, but I use the Matrox framebuffer, see the output of lsmod at the
>  > beginning of my previous report.
>
> OK, we also had such problem with the Matrox drivers once (1 or 2
> years ago, we use an old Voodoo3 now). When the DVB driver registers
> the I2C bus of the SAA7146 the Matrox driver looks for their chips on
> the wrong I2C bus and hangs for a very long time when it does not find
> them. It is a problem in the Matrox driver.

But the Matrox driver was already loaded _before_ the DVB driver and it
loaded without any delay. The "hang" period occurs after that, when

So in this case, I guess it is the DVB driver that has the problem? Or is
this some interference between the two?

Greetings,

Hanno

--
"We are committed to operating WorldCom in accordance with the highest
ethical standards." (WorldCom CEO John Sidgmore)