[linux-dvb] Re: Newstruct and DVB-C with QAM_256

On Thu, Jul 04, 2002 at 03:26:49PM +0200, Holger Waechtler wrote:
> Martin Neuditschko wrote:
> >
> >But SRTL (Super RTL) is working in Windows with the Hauppauge Tool.
> >I have checked channels.conf again, but the values of my channels.conf
> >are the same as the values from the Hauppauge Card.
>
> Can you parse the NIT from any other stream in order to get some
> information about the required parameters? If the NIT's are incorrect
> you don't have another choice than scanning the possible parameter sets
> on these frequencies.

A small question: What is "NIT"? :-(
And how could I parse it and then: When do I know that the NIT's are
incorrect or correct?

> >The channels list from Hauppauge has no "FEC" and no "QAM" as I see
> >and the frequency is a bit different. It is always 12kHz higher.
> >(For example for channel SuperRTL it is 570012 in the Hauppauge list
> >and 570000000 in my own list. Could this be a reason?)
>
> just try to insert the other frequency and see if these values work better.

There is no visible change. I tried also every possible setting of
FEC, but I don't get SuperRTL working.

> >Why is the difference between the frequences always a multiple of 4MHz?
> >Isn' t it possible that for expample between 570000000Hz and 574000000Hz
> >is a frequence where also data is transmitted?
>
> Usually an the frequencies (both for analog and digital cable and
> terrestrial broadcast) are measured in 8MHz steps. 6MHz and 7MHz
> bandwidth are specified in the standard but rarely used.
>
> >Or isn't it possible that an other Cable-Provider uses the frequences
> >like this: 571000000Hz, 575000000Hz,... ?
>
> theoretically yes, but they should not do so.

OK, thank you for the info.

An other question: Which value could the PID for
video, audio, epg, teletext get? (As I see the PIDs have
values 100 < PID < 6000+ )

And is:
PID-Audio = PID-Video + 1,
PID-Tele  = PID-Audio + 1?