[linux-dvb] Re: What are good Signal strengths/error rates?

On Fri, Sep 06, 2002 at 07:06:13PM +0100, davep wrote:
> As I understand it, when BBC take over the UK DTV in October they will be
> switching to QAM-16 which will give a 6dB improvement in effective signal
> strength. Maybe no need to climb on the roof just yet...

They're also going to increase the signal strength of the channels --
since there are going to be fewer channels than the old digital
service, they can be spaced sufficiently far apart to allow higher
power transmission without cross-channel interference.

Will the shift to QAM-16 require changes to the dvbstream settings, or
is that stuff autodetected?

Phil