[linux-dvb] Re: Announcement, new driver features

Joerg Riechardt wrote:
> Ralph Metzler wrote:
>

>>The new firmware is already checked into CVS in the NEWSTRUCT branch.
>>(You can also use it in the main branch.
>

> but lirc won't work any more then, or did I do something wrong?
> main branch driver + NEW firmware = no ircommands ?!

Please use the NEWSTRUCT branch. Remote controls use now the /dev/input
event architecture, that's the more general approach. It's much easier
to implement, needs less code and no kernel patches or additional daemons.

Input drivers for the new architecture are pretty easy to implement,
take a look into the evtest.c source, you need only about 20 lines of
code to actually parse the keycodes.

(the new firmware supports now not only the RC5 protocol but also RCMM
and runtime-configurable inversion settings, so you get more features
using less code;)

Please read DVB/apps/av7110_loadkeys/README in for more informations on
how to set up the remote control interface. Feel free to ask if you have
questions,

- Holger