[linux-dvb] Re: DVB-T with MPEG2 decoder/TV-out

Richard Walker wrote:
> In message <3D835500.4050603@koschikode.com>
>           Juri Haberland <juri@koschikode.com> wrote:
>
>> Hmm, I bought a TechnoTrend DVB-T "premium" card from
>> http://www.dvb-shop.de/ . That's a full-featured DVB-T card.
>> I don't know if they deliver to the UK but it's worth a try...
>
> Are the Hauppauge cards actually the *same* as the TechnoTrend ones?
>
> i.e.
>
> Nexus-s == DVB-s Premium
> Nova-s  == DVB-s Budget
> Nova-t  == DVB-t Budget

Correct.

> And therefore, we are assuming that, 'Nexus-t' (which doesn't exist!) would
> actually be a DVB-t Premium?

Yes, according to the german computer magazine c't Technotrend produces
those cards and Hauppauge just sells them with their logo on it.

> Do the cards work in the UK and Europe?

Yes, sure. (AFAIK Technotrend is a german company, meaning: It would be
hard to develope and produce something in Europe that is for the US
market only).

> One problem I face is that the site you mention is in German!  :-)

Uhm, yes, I just had a look (again) at this site and you are right :(

Cheers,
Juri