[linux-dvb] Re: Check this out Australia

Hi Navin,

Navin Daryanani wrote:
> hmmm... They don't have access to PayTV channels. On FTA.

All SDTV and HDTV DVB-t transmissions in Australia are FTA, so if you
are only interested in terrestrial broadcasts your point isn't an issue.

One of the key points the original poster made is that the DTV-A1 has
support for VHF DVB-t broadcasts. Products like the Hauppauge Nova-t
aren't suitable for Australia as they only supports UHF.

> How many (and what) FTA channels can we receive via a 90cm satellite dish in
> Sydney? Just curious...

Not many.

> On Sun, 15 Sep 2002 04:44 pm, Dylan D wrote:
>
>>Check this card out
>>

>>http://www.plaindigital.com/products/index.html
>>

>>It has support for 7,9,9 frequency and support for vhf and uhf ..
>>Also it support dvb-s dvb-t
>>it also clains support for linux ...

Doug.