[linux-dvb] Re: Check this out Australia

On Mon, 2002-09-16 at 14:05, Douglas Kosovic wrote:

I wasn't aware of there being any pay services on digital tv as of such
in Australia Yet? though i could be wrong from what i have been reading
Australia has set law that prohibits any pay services from using dvb-t
till 2010 so free to air have some time to improve there digital before
everyone just buys pay-tv.

Also Yeah SBS is the only uhf channel in Australia all others are VHF
thats why nova-t isnt suitable for Australia unless u only wanna watch
SBS.
questions though.

This card is PCMCIA in theory this will work in a Desktop computer with
PCMCIA to isa/pci apator ?

Also This card doesnt have mpeg decoder so software decoding is
required.. My question is 2 dvb cards are required to do
recording/playing of livetv. So would that require 1 at1 card and
another type of card ? or would 2 be sufficent ?
Also if another card is required for recording would it require one that
has same attributes as this card ? ie 7mhz , UHF/VHF support or will any
card work as its only recording ??

Dylan