[linux-dvb] Re: Patch for WinTV DVB-S streaming with VideoLAN

> Today, the TS
> headers are totally re-generated in softawre by the driver, and I could
> isolate some major issues :
>
>   . Unit_start_indicator not set for PSI sections : this field
>    (ts_header[1] & 0x40) is not set for pat and pmt, then a valid mpeg
>    parser would think that he never receives the beginning of a pat or
>    pmt.
>
>   . Since the adaptation_field info are lost, the PCR (Program Clock
>    Reference, essential timestamps for streaming) are also lost.

afaik the new firmware from the NEWSTRUCT branch (which can also be used
along with the 0.9.4 driver) should correct these two problems without the
need to patch the driver.

However I did not succeed in using the NEWSTRUCT firmware (together with
the 0.9.4 driver) with a full-featured DVB-C-card. I can tune the
frontend, but I do not get anything from the DVR device.
Using the same firmware/driver combination with a budget DVB-C-card works
fine, even with (a patched version of) vls.

Does anybody use the NEWSTRUCT firmware together with the 0.9.4 driver on
an DVB-C card and is able to read from the DVR device?

Cheers, Jonny <jonny@1409.org>