[linux-dvb] Galaxis DVB-S (sourcetree fix?)

Hello,

I tried to install the latest DVB-S driver 0.9.4 on my Galaxis DVB-S card
today but that didn't work as i was expecting and i had to make the
folowing modifications to the source tree:

First of all it didn't compile because it was trying to access a symbol
called 'busy' from the structure video device which doesn't exist any
longer as from kernel 2.4.19. So i just commented out line number 3504 in
dvb.c which said 'busy:           0,'. (i suppose it's not used anywhere
else in the dvb source anyway). After that it compiled without any errors.

Then after doing make insmod i saw this in dmesg:

| i2c-core.o: adapter saa7146(1) registered as adapter 0.
| dvb: no dvb(s) found!

Weird error as saa7146_core.o first said it found an saa7146 card.
So after investigating into this problem i noticed that there was no
matching ID for my Galaxis DVB card inside the function get_card_type()
from dvb.c
So i had to add my card's ID to that function to have it return either
DVB_CARD_TT_SIEMENS or DVB_CARD_TT_BUDGET.

Now my real question is which of these should be returned for the Galaxis
cards? I was not sure which of them it was supposed to return but it
worked with DVB_CARD_TT_SIEMENS (which i tried because it's returned for
hauppage cards too and my card works with hauppage drivers too under
windows)

My Galaxis DVB-s card has this ID's:

| dev->subsystem_vendor = 0x13C2
| dev->subsystem_device = 0x1002

Could anyone tell me if i did right by having it return
DVB_CARD_TT_SIEMENS or should it have been DVB_CARD_TT_BUDGET for this
galaxis card ?

With kind regards,
Andy Knuts
SygmaNet
Andy Knuts - Webhosting & Design SygmaNET -
http://www.sygmanet.be