[linux-dvb] Re: drivers for FreeBSD?

On Tue, 01 Oct 2002 13:24:48 +0200
Holger Waechtler <holger@convergence.de> wrote:

> Yury Tarasievich wrote:
>
> > Is anybody working on FreeBSD version of 0.9 drivers?
> >
> > The only solution I'd found (http://freebsddvb.narod.ru) holds equivalent of 0.7.1 which doesn't work right with some providers. More, author of this port discontinued working on it.
>
> unfortunally I'm not aware of a more recent freebsd port.
> (but feel free to continue his work and port the current driver;)
>
> There are not too many linux-specific calls in the driver, maybe it's
> possible to implement them in a small mini-library using the appropriate
> freebsd calls.

I guess first some kind of structure overview would be needed...
I'm not experienced in drivers porting, but it seems that issue won't be "how to simulate linux calls" but rather "how to simulate linux functionality", "what resources does the driver expect to find, what are they (v4l2, i2c, whatever)?" That's how it looks to my unexperienced eye.

Yury