[linux-dvb] Re: Hauppauge DVB-C review

> I don't know how others have done this, but i did a quick fix
> using the channel.conf diseqc setting, which is not needed
> in cable environment.

<snip>

Thanks! This is a much better solution than my quick fix!

> I also got the Hauppage DVB-C, from the same place you
> got it:) I can't return mine, but if you are interested
> I saw a place in Germany where they sell replicas for
> 209€+16%(vat), alas I don't remember the www of that company.
> Should be easy to find with google. Several places in germany
> sell it for 230-250€ + 20€ shipping...

209 sounds good, I think you can order and hope Finnish customs don't open the
package to charge the taxes, maybe I should get a friend to package it so it
doesn't say what is inside :-)

I'm having lots of fun with this card, much better than messing with the
analogue wintv card and doing encoding with the CPU :P

VDR is wonderful, just tap-tap-tap and there's 20 programs waiting to be
recorded :-)

Unfortunately, unlike our German friends, we only have 10 free-to-air
channels, and most of them, well you know, Yle Teema, etc, are not too
exciting :)

Do you know when they are planning to add more channels?

Anyways, thanks for the VDR fix!
Cheers,
Dennis