[linux-dvb] Re: New UK DVB-T channels testing

On Wednesday 09 October 2002 08:54, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> Can somebody with DVB-T please run a program that parses the NITs and
reports
> the transponder frequencies given there? I'd say if these are given as the
"real"
> values (like 488.833MHz), then VDR should store them as such in
channels.conf.
> But if they are given as integer MHz values (like 489MHz) then there's no
point in
> having them in kHz in channels.conf.

Looking at the SI specification, the "centre frequency" for a DVB-T multiplex
is defined as a 32 bit value (e.g. table 37 on page 40 of ETSI EN 300 468)
which uses BCD to give the frequency in mutliples of 10Hz.

I will add parsing of the "terrestrial delivery system descriptor" to dvbtune
this evening and post my results.  My guess is that it will give "488833330"
Hz.

Dave.