[linux-dvb] Re: VES1820.c question

> > Now, I understand there can be a million reasons why the sourcecode does
> > something else, and I wouldn't know any of them, but the reason I am
> > asking is that in order to tune to QAM_128 (remember Siemens DVB-C) Marko
> > discovered register 1 should be set to 120 instead of 126 for QAM_128.
>
> (Hmm, I'd suppose a typo which did not showed up in our tests:)
>
> Unfortunally we have only QAM_64 transmissions here, and there the value
> was correct...
>
> > Which brings the
> > question, why does a different value than the datasheet work for for
> > example QAM_64, but not for QAM_128 ?
>
> For QAM_64 values in registers 1 and 9 were equal (106).

DUH!
True :-)) Didn't notice :)

The one thing I'm still wondering about is that the Hauppauge DVB-C also uses
a VES1820 (according to the driver output - "ves1820 as used on the Siemens
DVB-C"), and it tunes QAM_128 fine with the unmodified register 1 values.

Also, is there any difference at all between the Vista and the Philips
VES1820's ? Or just the markings?

Dennis