[linux-dvb] Re: Another Q (PES Filters)

On Fri, Oct 25, 2002 at 02:14:40PM +0200, Fabrizio Sensini (ST) wrote:
> do other drivers behave differently?
> My understanding of the specs has been that you
> don't send anything to the decoders unless you explicitly require it
> by setting the DMX_OUT_DECODER flags.

Like I said, the current API does not allow you to specify
DMX_OUT_DECODER together with DMX_OUT_[TS_]TAP. But we still
want to be able to watch what you we're currently recording.

> Since we are talking about specs:
> I couldn't find sample apps using the PCR type filter.
> Can anybody indicate me one?

For most services the PCR PID is the same as the video PID, so
if the PCR PID is not set the AV7110 driver will just use that.
IF you want to set PCR PID explicitly (well, for some services it
*is* different that the video PID), setup your filter
just like a video PES filter, just with DMX_PES_PCR instead
of DMX_PES_AUDIO.

Regards,
Johannes