[linux-dvb] Re: DVB-C and antennae cable connections

> 	But then, if I use the antennae output of my DVB-C card to feed my VCR
> or TV in the old analog fashion (the only way for me to see VoX or
> Kabel1 with Cable-TV, I can't install a Sat dish, thanks Saga), I get a
> good analog signal if the PC is on, but a very noisy one if the PC is
> off!!!!

Probably because when the PC is on (btw I am assuming :-) there is active
amplification or signal strengthening going on by the DVB card, whereas when
the PC is off the DVB card acts like a bad passive splitter.

> 	And this is my problem for now: how can I connect the things together
> and keep acceptable analog and digital signals?? Should I buy better,
> maybe active antennae distributors (T-Verteiler), where the reflections
> are minimized by configurable resistors?? Does it exist?

I use an active splitter, i.e. one input, 2 outputs, signal is amplified
(according to the splitter 18dB per output, but who knows :-),  then you have
one for your card and one for the original setup. Should work. I got better
results (digitally) with an active splitter than a passive one. Splitter only
cost like 7 euro's.

YMMV :-)

Cheers,
Dennis