[linux-dvb] Re: DVB-s Satellite Internet help needed.

Mittwoch, 30. Oktober 2002 at 04:29 amen ra wrote:

> The ISP provider does not use proxy or VPN and is just
> based on source IP address. You can connect to the
> Internet for uploading via any ISP and then download
> via the Satellite ISP.

Of course I didn't speak of your "normal" Internet-Provider to which you
connect with your ppp-device. I was speaking of the Sat-Provider. To
provide you with the requested data over satellite the sat-Provider must
receive the packets you send to the internet and route the returning
packets over satellite to your card. This can either be done by a VPN or
a proxy-server. It would be big news for me, if your Sat-Provider
doesn't use one of the two.

> How do I set the FEC to 2/3 ?
> How do I set LNB LO (Local Oscillator) Frequency low,
> switch and high to 11300000 ?

I have no idea. Are you shure you need to set these values?

> I am using RedHat 8.0 with 2.4.18 kernel and a
> Hauppage DVB-s rev 2.1

From all the things you wrote in your latest postings, I'm missing one
thing: What exactly is your problem?

AFAICS, you can load drivers, tune with dvbtune and ifconfig dvb0_0
without problems, right? Do you see incoming traffic with
"tcpdump -ni dvb0_0"? If so, everything is setup correctly in technical
terms. So, what's missing?

--
Best regards
Wolfgang Wershofen                            mailto:wolfgang@wershofen.com