[linux-dvb] Re: unable to latex the dvbapi-documentation

Tuesday Dec 3 22:47:07 +0100 2002 Johannes Stezenbach <js@convergence.de> wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 03, 2002 at 10:11:05PM +0100, Joerg Friedrich wrote:
> >
> > I just tried to do a make in DVB/doc/dvbapi but latex failed. Since I do
> > not know any TeX, I need some help :-)
>
> Holger fucked it over with his dvb-api-convert.sh script, and
> this replaced e.g. s/dmxInput_t/dmx_input_t/ -- unfortunately
> LaTeX wants all '_' escaped with '\'.

That's why I use:

% Make \_ an underscore.
\newcommand{\XXXfoobarXXX}{\underline\space}
\let\_=\XXXfoobarXXX

Maybe automatic generators doesn't need this, but sure it is useful
for hand-written documents...

Maybe slightly OT, but posting since this might be useful...

> It also means that the script missed some type names.
> It would be great if you could fix those.
>
> Johannes

Tomi