[linux-dvb] Re: DVB/SPI input to Linux?

> Is there any better way of doing this? I've been thinking about getting
> some comparators to turn the LVDS into a TTL-level eight-channel stream,
> and trying to capture it with a PCI IEEE 1284 parallel port. But I'm not
> sure if this will be able to be fast enough, even with a PCI parallel
port.
I think using a Win-TV Nova is the perfect choice. just rip off the
frontend, and connect the eight datalines (after the LVDS -> ttl conversion)
and the control  lines (frame start, data valid, clock).

then you can use the normal drivers.

i just saw a Win TV Nova clone for 79€ in a german store. Original Nova was
99€.

you should even be able to use a real DVB-S card, but then you can't stream
the complete TS to the PC. with the nova this should be no problem.

felix