[linux-dvb] Hardware lockup

Hi,

I am experiencing a hardware lock up problem when using the current CVS
version of the DVB drivers with a Haupauge nova-t DVB card.

I am using the following sequence:

1. Power the computer up and boot into Linux
2. cd DVB/driver
3. make insmod
4 run dvbtune.

The computer then locks up. It appears that some kind of reset has occured,
since the keyboard lights flash. I have no mouse or keyboard response. If I
then reset the computer and repeat the above steps, dvbtune runs
correctly.This is reasonably repeatable - it heppens most times I start the
computer from cold.

Config:
Mandrake 9.0
Kernel 2.4.19-16mdk
DVB taken from CVS on 3/Dec/2002

The dvb card is a haupauge nova-t budget card. The kernel reports it is a
(TT-Budget/WinTV-NOVA-T PCI)
The front end is reported as : Grundig 29504-401.

Can anyone give me some pointers to help track this down? I am guessing that
there is some card initialisation missing from the driver.

Regards

Pete Martin