[linux-dvb] Re: Hardware lockup

Not sure if its any help, but I too experience this on my P4 +Nova-T
system.

I find waiting about 3 minutes after running make insmod before using the
card leaves my machine in sane state..

Using immediately after loading the modules nearly always causes a
hardhang. I have all the debug options enabled in the kernel, and even
running everything outside X from a tty leaves the machine without any
debug information.. just a hang.. I need to brush up on my morse code to
findout what the lock lights are saying..

the sys-rq keys do, even though the machine does not respond to anything
else, let me unmount the filesystem and reboot the machine.. which I find
odd since nothing is displayed on the console past:

dvbmachine:~# dvbtune -f blargh
<HANG>