[linux-dvb] Re: ttusb

John Sadler wrote:

 > Holger,
 >
 > Thanks for your response. I have attached some pictures of the
insides > of the box. I suppose the tuner and DVB decoder are the most
relevant, > but I wasn't sure which bits you need, so I did everything.

 > The PCB says "microDVB-II, Rev: 2.64, T2002.38". It is made by
 > Technotrend - at least that's what it says on the base of the unit.
 >
 > Hope you find this information useful. Let me know if you need
 > anything else.

The hardware is about the same as used for the AV7110 based PCI cards.
The DVB-T modulator chip is not yet supported by our driver. The ARM
communication is probably completely different since they implemented a
completely new firmware which is off-line as well as MPEG decoder and
demultiplexer.

After all you'll have to do some USB sniffing using for example usbsnoop
in order to find out the protocol they talk to the host PC in recording
and playback sessions.

The old WinTV Nova-USB was something completely different.

Holger