[linux-dvb] How to use the drivers from 2.5.x kernels?

	Hi you all,

	I want to try the DVB drivers from 2.5.x kernels. I downloaded the
kernel 2.5.50, it compiles, no problems at all. I discovered some nice
ideas in this kernel, like ALSA (not working for now, but that's not
the point).

	How should we use the drivers??? What is the standard way??

	In the near future, the DVB drivers will be included in the 2.6.x
kernels. Then DVB will be available out-of-the-box for everybody. Then
should we just use it like #include<linux/dvb/frontend.h> and so on,
without more information??

	I tried to replace the directory /usr/include/linux with a link on
/usr/src/linux-2.5.50/include/linux, and tried to compile VDR, but a
lot of symbols are defined twice. So it is not the solution. I don't
want to hack more before I get an idea on the right way to go. Which
one?

	Another thing, there is no "version.h" in the kernel include files.
Why?? Will it disappear??

	And what is the status of OSD in the future releases?? There is a
remark in the help message saying that it may not be supported later.

		thanks for all

			ben

Benjamin Forgeau                 Raum 3032, Denickestr 17, 21073 Hamburg
FSP 4-06 Kommunikationsnetze     Tel. +4940 42878 3485   Fax 42878 2941
TU Hamburg-Harburg               mailto:forgeau@tu-harburg.de
21071 Hamburg, Germany           http://www.tu-harburg.de/et6