[linux-dvb] Re: Timing recording

Hi,

> I'm not expert either. But what should be an alternative for VPS
> signalling in DVB world? I guess that EPG whould be fine. But
> it depends on how "quickly" provider update EPG event in stream.

The "Running Status Table" (RST) (PID 0x0013) is meant for that purpose.

Cite from EN300468:
"The RST (see table 10) allows accurate and rapid updating of the timing
status of one or more events. This may be necessary when an event starts
early or late due to scheduling changes. The use of a separate table enables
fast updating mechanism to be achieved."

But sadly I haven't seen any provider supporting it.

Best Regards,

Matthias