[linux-dvb] Re: Driver doesn't replay recordings from RTL

(Sorry to break the thread, but I am only at an internet mailer)

> Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

> above, the old firmware together with the new driver and VDR is also
> able to replay them. So my guess would be that the problem _is_ in the
> replay process. Whether the actual bug is in the driver or the
firmware
> is, maybe, hard to tell, but from what I've traced through the driver
> so far it seems like at some point the firmware simply doesn't
accept any......

I don't think it is only the replay process.

I, am not shure if it was on wednesday or thursday when I tried to
record "Kinder des Zorns" on RTL2. And I tried to watch it also live
but the screen stays dark and without sound (only EPG was ok). Only
the other channels on that transponder where watchable. When I switched
back to RTL2 I've heard some sound/noise for some milliseconds and
then it was off again. I thought it had something todo with the new
timeshifting behavior but I did'nt use timeshifting. I realy watched
the channel live. Ok, I said, lets wait till tomorrow, no experiments
now, I would like to have a clean recording without arm crashes and
I kept my hands off of it. But when I tried to look at the movie
next day it had the same effects as yours. I switched through the
movie with the yellow key and sometimes it catches a good peace and
I could see some parts of a bouitoni(?) soup AD for about 10 secs
and it stops again. (Sigh) At least I deleted this recording....

Kind Regards
Manfred Schmidt-Voigt