[linux-dvb] Re: System load caused by I2C (was: Re: Re: Announcement: new saa7146 driver core for the av7110 dvb driver)

Hi Holger and all,

At 14:48 23/12/2002 +0100, Holger Waechtler wrote:

>> Would not be wise to implement some "poolling relaxation mechanism" on this
>> process that can repeat endlessly, if something goes wrong,
>> progressively decreasing the fecuency at which its are retried?.
>
>This code is there, see the update_delay() function. Unfortunally there
>was a lot of black voodoo which we did not understood completely which
>caused problems with some old revisiions of the BSRV2 tuner when we
>tried to optimize this code too hard.

Ooops, sorry :-(. My comment was driven by the many reports of high CPU
usage when the tunning don't gets lock. Lets hope that a better
understanding of the frontends and the improved (interrupt driven) I2C
comunication that Michael is doing will vanish the problem!.

[my access to the full TS stream in Technotrend DVB "Premium" cards]
>>...If someone is really interested on have a look at it
>> and don't fear to make hardware mods to the card! (if well done, the mods
>> don't affect the behaviour of the card :-), I'm open to send the full
>> documentation that I did.
>>
>don't you want to publish it somwhere on the web?

Ok, I've uploaded it to the server of a friend; no fancy pages, else a
zip file: <http://80.32.210.242/rdeza/Ttf_tsc1.zip>

PD: I wish everybody a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Best regards:
--
Roberto Deza Asensio
Universidad de Navarra